We are back with our annual Robotics event 2021 for all STEM enthusiasts. The theme this year - " BeUndistanced "
About the Event
Being an active member of the Arduino teaching community, STEM Center ACE is proudly organizing the GEAR2.0 - Hackathon 2021 on the Arduino Day - the worldwide celebration of the ever famous - Arduino micro-controller. Save the Date - Saturday, 27 March 2021.
Following the global Arduino Day theme, 'Undistancing: Open Makes Us Close' - a phrase that embodies the power of open source community.
Undistancing conveys the disruptive power of the Arduino community to unite at a time and be more innovative in solving real-world problems.
Registration starts: 10th March, 2021
Registration is open for all students from Grade 6th ~ 12th of any school.
Register through the Contact Us page on the website .
Mention the Theme name you have chosen from the 6 options below in the subject section and in the message enter your school name and current class.
Registration ends: 25th March, 2021
You can register as an individual or as a team or a school ( All team members age should be lower than 17 years at the time of registration.
There are 6 themes to choose from for your submissions. You can pick any one:
Trash to Treasure - Reduce | Reuse | Recycle
Physical / Mental Fitness
World Earth Day
Design for a Social Cause
Once you have chosen your theme, it's time to start thinking of a problem you wish to solve in that chosen area. It could be anything related to your own life or the world around you.
For ex; In the theme ' Online-Learning', one major fix we wish to see is the optimum screen time. Can you think how your Arduino can help you create a track of your screen time using the 20-20-20 rule ( You should look away from the screen every 20 minutes and focus on any object 20 feet away for 20 seconds)
Rules and Regulation
1. All projects must be Arduino based.
2. No registration fees required.
3. Participant must submit a complete entry. Incomplete, illegible entries will be rejected.
4. Each Project entered must be the original work & sole exclusive property of the person.
5. Entries should be submitted in digital format and must be written in English
6. Entries (complete documentation as described in this section) should be mailed to:
latest by 25th March, 2021.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
• You are at least 13 years of age
• If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive a legal guardian's permission prior to submitting an entry into this contest. Mail their consent from their personal email
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
• You must be registered as a participant for this contest. Register through the Contact Us page on the website . Mention the Theme name you have chosen from the 6 options below in the subject section and in the message enter your school name and current class.
• You must create a free Arduino account (or log-in if you are a member).
• Your entry must be your own original work.
• Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other STEM Center ACE contest.
• Your team is no more than 5 members per entry.*
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team.
Hardware Application Requirements
Note: If you choose to submit an application for free hardware, you must meet the following requirements.
If not, continue to 'Hardware/Software Build Requirements' below.
• Your hardware application must use the Arduino UNO / Arduino Nano or any other Arduino board / combinations hardware.
• Your hardware application must solve a problem related to your chosen theme as above.
• Your entry must be submitted by Mar 25, 2021 at 12:00 PM IST.
Hardware/Software Build Requirements
• Your project must solve a problem related to your chosen theme of BeUndistanced.
Project Documentation Requirements
• Your project must include
a project name,
short project description,
list of items used ,
full instructions, images, and relevant resource files & codes,
short descriptive video presentation
• Your project must be written in English.
• Your project must be submitted by Mar 25, 2021 at 12:00 PM IST.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below.
• Project Documentation (20 points)
• Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and a video demonstration of your solution working as intended. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner, would I understand how to recreate it?”
• Complete list of items used (10 points)
• Detail the hardware, software and/or tools used.
• Schematics (10 points)
• Draw your circuit diagrams using software like Fritzing.org and/or take detailed photographs.
• Code & Contribution (10 points)
• Include working code with helpful comments.
• Creativity (25 points)
• Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea)
• Readiness to market (25 points) - How easily your solution could deploy in real world
This is a skill-based contest brought to you by STEM Center ACE. The object of this contest is to create project tutorials using Arduino micro-controller.
For the purposes of this contest, each idea you submit will be called a “hardware application” and each project you submit in the contest will be called an “entry”. All eligible entries received will be judged using the judging criteria above to determine the final prize winners.
What are the start and end dates?
Contest starts at Mar 10, 2021at 11:00 AM IST and ends at Mar 25, 2021 at 12:00 PM IST and will consist of the following periods:
• Contest projects submission period: Mar 10, 2021at 11:00 AM IST and ends at Mar 25, 2021 at 12:00 PM IST
• Contest winners will be announced on Apr 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM IST
Note: Contest end dates are at the sole discretion of STEM Center ACE and may be subject to change.
If your participation violates ANY of the following, you may be disqualified.
• Your entry must be your own original work.
• You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry.
• Your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people, code, schematics etc...) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
Important note about Copyright: Your entire entry must only include material (including hardware, source code – both open source and third party sourced, user interface, music, video or images) that you own or that you have permission from the copyright/trademark owner to use.
Your and/or your team’s entry may not include copyrighted materials (such as source code, user interface, background music, images or video) unless you own or have permission to use the materials.
Ownership is not defined as purchasing a CD at a music store for replay, if playing a copyrighted recording on your guitar or repurposing an application’s user interface – your entry may be disqualified if copyrighted materials, including but not limited to these examples, are a part of your entry without appropriate licensing or permissions. If you do use permissible copyrighted materials, you must include the permissions information by citing the artist/creator and license information. Note that even material released under sites such as Creative Commons, common open source code licenses, and other similar licensing may need permission or acknowledgement as per the specific license.
Can I enter this contest as a team?
You can enter as a team of no more than five members.
The following requirements must be satisfied to participate in this contest as a team:
• Your team must choose one individual (the “representative”) to speak for, act, and enter a project submission on behalf of your team.
• Each individual team member must meet ALL of the eligibility and contest requirements outlined in the full rules.
How will my entry be potentially used?
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you agree to ALL of the following statements:
• You grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of this contest (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of this contest entry in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed).
• You agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above.
• You understand that after the submission deadline has passed, any project that has been submitted to the contest cannot be deleted or made private and will remain on the contest page after the contest has concluded.
• You understand and acknowledge that the sponsor(s) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry.
• You understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these full rules.
Please note that following the end of this contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry. If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this contest.
How is winner awarded?
The decisions of STEM Center ACE will be final and binding.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging.
If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to another contest participant.
If you are confirmed as a winning recipient of this contest, the following rules apply:
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept, we may award it to another contest participant.
• If you are 12 or younger, we may send the hardware to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf.
How are prizes awarded?
In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, an additional judge will break the tie based on the judging criteria described above. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than the number of contest prizes described in the contest brief.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the contest.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this contest, the following rules apply:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up.
• If a prize is awarded to a project submitted by a team, the designated representative will be the sole recipient of said prize, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by the representative and his/her team.
Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions.
What other conditions am I agreeing to by entering?
By entering this contest you are agreeing to the following statements:
• You agree to abide by these full rules.
• You agree to release and hold harmless STEM Center ACE and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest, or any prize won.
• You agree that your personal data including your name, email address, personal address, phone number, and any other personal information disclosed during the duration of this contest may be shared with and used by Stem Center ACE in order to facilitate the execution of this contest.
• You agree that STEM Center ACE decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this contest.
• You agree that, by accepting a prize, STEM Center ACE may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
What if something unexpected happens and the contest can not run as planned?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and/or integrity of this contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error.
If you attempt, or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this contest by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future contests.
Who do I contact about this contest?
If you have any questions or comments regarding this contest, please email us at email@example.com